But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Down 6!

So on February 18th I posted a blog that my friend Erica and I were on a challenge to lose 5 pounds by April 1st. If we achieved that goal we would reward ourselves with a girl's night out that would include dinner and movie and our husbands would watch the kids! I was pumped and very excited and could not wait to get started.
Since that day I have been working out 6 days a week, still sticking to my no sweets, watching my calories, and making sure that I drink MORE water.
Workouts have been great doing an every other day system where one day we do one hour of cardio, the next day 1/2 hour cardio and then lift, and continue that throughout the week and take Sunday off (at least I do). It has been so much fun seeing the improvements that have been made. Back in the fall I was training for the Turkey Day 5K and I started running the 5K at 45 minutes, the day of the Turkey Day I ran it in 34 minutes and now I am running it at 32 minutes! I am increasing my weights during lifting and it is so much fun! I have really enjoyed this challenge and will continue to challenge myself.
So if you are wondering what "Down 6" means in my title...it means that I have met my goal of losing 5 ounds and 1 additional! I am so happy and excited! I am still going to continue to push myself each day as I workout as my next goal is to run the "Race For the Cure" 5K in 30 minutes!

2 comments: