But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What a week!

It seems like every time my husband is on break from school, something happens to one of our cars. Just this Sunday our van was sounding fine, as Zac drove both kids to church...but later on that day while we were out and running errands, every time we stopped our van was so loud...and I just could not handle the grinding noise. Immediately we said, "Well if it was going to happen, at least it happened now while both of us are home." For the next few days we put the car seats in the car and drove everywhere together as a family, to the gym, to my work, etc... We made it work, but we needed to figure out what to do. Our friend Ben, from college, cameover to visit yesterday afternoon for lunch and he offered to help look at the van to see where we should go with it, he couldn't do it that day...but he came by today and he said it was definitely the brake pads and could also be the rotters (I know that I didn't spell that right). We decided to take it to the shop just a few blocks away from our house because we knew that he would have the best price and he is such a nice guy...he has helped us with many of our car problems. We took it there and for the price that he gave us we decided to have him do the work. A couple of hours later our van is as good as new...and so we are just praying that we will not have to deal with a car problem for awhile!
This week has also been one of those weeks where I just do not want to go to the gym, but know that I do need to get there because I am not where I want to be yet. Yes, I am proud that I have lost inches as well as 6 pounds, but I still am not at my goal and I do need to work on working towards my 5K goal. It is hard and this week has been hard as far as running goes, but I know that I will get there.
I am looking forward to tomorrow night...getting together with some girls and going to a movie! How fun! I haven't been to a movie in awhile and I am just really needing some time with great friends.
Then Friday is MOPS and I just cannot tell you how much I look forward to MOPS days. I love these women and this group truly has blessed my heart in so many ways.
Saturday is a down day and then Sunday we are going to see Chris Tomlin and we just cannot wait! We are going with some friends from our church and are just excited about a wonderful night of praise and worship!
This week has had lots of to do's, but has also been fun. I love having my husband home and it's nice to have more "breaks" during the day and it is just nice to watch the kids and there daddy. I am not going to complain that it is nice to have the two of us at home because more can get done and I have help in the middle of the night if either Aspen or Titus choose to wake up. I also just enjoy having him home on break because he can just relax and have fun without having so much school work to focus on. I definitely cherish these weeks that he is at home with us and definitely miss them when he goes back to work.
I must get going though...it's time to lay on the couch and relax from a busy day and watch a fabulous movie, "Facing the Giants"

*I will definitely post some pictures, but for now I cannot because I am on Zac's computer for work and all of our pictures are on our computer upstairs!*

No comments:

Post a Comment