But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, June 7, 2008

So far, So good!

So Zac and I are on the potty training journey and it has its ups and downs. It's definitely not my favorite thing to do, but I must admit that I am looking forward to the day when we will only have to buy diapers for Titus. She has been such a trooper these past few days. She has gone once in the potty for the past few days and she is finally getting to the point of being excited when going rather than being scared. It's so great to encourage her and to see the smile on her face when she does go to the potty and to hear her say "Bye Bye" as it flushes down the toilet. It's priceless!
I have a great story of what happened today. Aspen came to me and said "Mommy, I have to go potty." I said, "Ok Aspen, let's sit on the potty." Shortly then after she did go potty and she was so excited (so was mommy)! After we put her pull up on she then asked me if I needed to go potty, I told her that I did. While I was going potty Aspen said, "Mommy, I hear the tinkle...Great job...Give me a five!" That just brought another smile to my face because that's what we say to her to help her go potty.
So we have three days in a row where Aspen has used the potty and we are aiming for seven and I really hope that we can do it! I will definitely be blogging about this more throughout the week and I just pray that Aspen can continue throughout the week!
As for me, I currently read my friend Erica's blog and am very inspired by her. Lately she has been having accountability week by week to let everyone know (and herself) how she is doing with weightloss after having a baby. After being encouraged by her blog and also having the time to workout (thanks to my wonderful husband) I finally am on track to losing more weight because for awhile I was on a very long plateau. I have lost 5 pounds in the last week and am aiming to lose 15 pounds (or more), but my goal is 15 pounds and I know that I can do it! I am definitely a lover of both cardio and strength training and also am excited to go to some classes (today I went to my first yoga class and really loved it).
All in all this past week has been really great and I am looking forward to blogging more about Aspen's potty progress and my weight loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment