But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Friday, January 23, 2009

Remembering one year ago, before the big day!

So as I sit here in front of the computer and look over at my husband and darling son, I am having flashbacks to this time last year....
This time last year Zac and I were already at the hospital with our brand new baby boy, enjoying his first day being introduced to his mommy and daddy. This time last year he was already 10 hours old. It's crazy! Last year, it was this cold outside when he was born. I remember everything as if it had happened yesterday. Some vivid memories:
*Spending special time with my sister as she came to MN just at the right time to be there to meet her nephew...I love it when she comes to visit and she was able to be there for both Aspen and Titus' births. (Well not in the room when they were born, but she got to see them shortly after)
*The look on my parent's faces meeting there grandson, the tears, and the glows, and the memorable pictures.
*Aspen meeting her baby brother, she was just too precious! She smiled, kissed, hugged, and posed with him...she definitely showed me that she was ready to accept him into our family.
*I remember being wheeled into my room after my C-section (2 hours afterward) and seeing Zac's proud face as he got to spend those two hours alone with his baby boy...he just was beaming and was also thrilled to finally see me.
*Getting a visit from my nurse Carol, she was with me from the time I was induced and all throughout my C-section...I am so thankful for her, and so blessed that she was my nurse and got to be through both of my deliveries. She came and visited Titus and myself before she left that night to make sure we were doing alright and just to sit and chat...that meant so much to me!
There are so many more memories, but I could seriously write a book on all that I remember. But honestly, I really cannot believe that a year has gone by...tomorrow at 12:10pm Titus will officially be a 1 Year old, and I just cannot take it in. It has just flown by. He entered the world as an 8 pound 3 ouce baby and at the age of 1 he is 20 pounds and 10 ounces. That's crazy! He was 20 1/2 inches long and now he is about 29 1/2 inches. I cannot believe how much he has grown. He has always been a happy boy...full of smiles and laughs! He is so independent, but takes the time to come and get a hug and kiss, and of course cuddles. And even though he is not sleeping through the night, I really do enjoy (not all the time), but I enjoy those moments of laying with him (whether in our bed, or on the couch). He is defintely my baby, I will totally admit it.
As tomorrow approaches and the party begins I will take everything in, take lots of pictures, and share with you all how his big day went. We are looking forward to being with our family and friends to celebrate his first year of life and look forward to what God has in store for him in the years to come. We feel so blessed to be parents to both Aspen and Titus and know that there lives are a gift from God above and we feel so thankful that He has allowed us to be there parents here on Earth.
I am looking forward to sharing with you all about tomorrow and want you all to know that on Monday the 26th....Titus will be featured on Channel 11 during the First Birthdays segment which is sometime between 10 and 11. We did this for Aspen and taped it and are looking forward to doing this for Titus as well, what a great memory saver!

No comments:

Post a Comment