But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Thursday, July 10, 2008

An afternoon in the ER...

Back in January of this year (a week before my due date) Aspen went into the ER because she had a febrile seizure...her fever had all of a sudden spiked and that caused her to have a seizure. Zac and I were both very frantic and didn't know what to do but to call 911 and then they transported her to the hospital...in the end she ended up having RSV and an ear infection. They then told us that she may have another seizure the next time her fever spikes...well that is what happened today...
Aspen woke up this morning at around 5:30 with a very hot head and a full diaper. We gave her some medicine and continued to say that she was very unhappy and that she just wanted to lay down and watch a movie. Before Zac left for work we took her temp and it had lowered considerably. Aspen was then as normal as ever...as she was singing, playing, and just having fun! Until 10:30 rolled along...she then sat on her chair and got very quiet. She kept telling me that she was very sad, and that she no longer was hungry. After telling me that she then said that she just wanted to lay down and watch a movie. I told her that we could and we continued down the stairs. As we were going downstairs she then told me that she missed her daddy...we then proceeded to the couch and we got the movie all ready.
I decided to eat lunch as I was hungry and as soon as I was done I then decided to clean up my dishes. Much to my surprise I heard a very unusual noise coming from who I thought was Titus and then came upon Aspen...you guessed it...she was having a seizure. I was very scared and so I ran to my neighbors house and he was able to comeover and help me out with Titus while I called 911 and got all that taken care of.
It was very scary and we then took Aspen to the ER and all of the tests they did on her came back negative and so all we can think of is maybe she caught a little bug from Kids Stuff. Our little girl is doing much better now that she is home and her fever went from being 104 to now 99 degrees! We are to monitor her all night long and I am to take her to her doctor tomorrow morning.
We are now praying that she continues to do better and that her check up goes well tomorrow, and we are also praying that these seizures would stop, so if we could just ask for your prayers that would be such a blessing. We just pray that this would be the end of it and that next time she gets a fever this would not happen again.
Thank you for reading this and we'll continue to keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. How scary for all of you...Hope Aspen (and the rest of the family) was able to get some rest last nite and Pray she is feeling much better today..We love you all very much..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all! My lil brother used to have seizures when he had fevers too...my family was on alert any time he started getting warm it was in a cool tub to keep it from getting too high.

    God's watching over your litle one :) I am hoping she'll be over this bug in no time!

    ReplyDelete