But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Couples Who Pray

 For a long time Zac and I have been trying to find a book about prayer and how we can grow in our prayer life together and this book is one that will do that.  I highly recommend reading "Couples Who Pray" to not only grow in your own individual prayer life, but in your prayer life together.  
This book challenges you to pray together 5 minutes a day for 40 days, not a hard challenge right?  As a result the writers say by doing this "spousal communication will elevate, agreement becomes the norm, satisfaction in lovemaking soars, respect rises, and happiness is a way of life."


What I also love is that the authors have many stories from celebrity couples that share how prayer has changed there lives, some couples include: Pauletta and Denzel Washington, Patsy and Les Clairmont, Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford, Tracie and Scott Hamilton, Luci Swindoll, Kay and Rick Warren, and many others.  

I highly recommend this book if you are looking at a way to be more intimate as a couple and draw closer to your Heavenly Father. 


No comments:

Post a Comment