This is what I started this week...
I don't know how many of you watch THE BIGGEST LOSER, but I do know that if I were a contestant on that show...I would definitely want Jillian as my trainer. I definitely am one that needs to be pushed and she does a great job of doing that!
This week my goal was to do this dvd everyday. I did both level 1 and level 2 over the course of the week; however, I did miss my workout both Thursday and Friday...ugh! No excuses...it's back into it today! What I like about this workout is it's about 20 minutes of warm up, cardio, strength, abs, and cool down and just in those 20 minutes I get a great workout and I can definitely feel it the next morning (which lets me know that I am doing the workouts correctly).
I really want to start running; however, the running shoes that I do have, have a lot of mileage on them (they are the shoes that I trained in for the half marathon and also ran the marathon in). So it is time I buy new shoes and I am hoping to do that within the next week or so, then with this BEAUTIFUL MN weather, I will definitely be running outside!
Want to know something else?
I gave up CAFFEINE...you may be saying to yourself..."Why would I ever do something like that?" This is definitely not something permanent, but it is definitely something that I am going to do for awhile. Lately I have just been over indulging in both pop and coffee and having way more migraines than usual, so I am trying to see if giving this up it will help. So far it has been 6 days, and I am feeling great! I have had a migraine this week, but that was due to my time of the month (if you know what I mean) so will see how the rest of the month goes...I will definitely keep you posted.
I also gave up SWEETS...I have done this before and I will admit that it is crazy, but one of the reasons I do this is to just get me to not snack as much and to just eat more fruits and veggies rather than the sweets. Again, this is not a permanent thing, but for the time being it is definitely what I am going to do.
On a side note...
Would any of you like to run in the RACE FOR THE CURE with me? This year I have put together a team called TEAM TARA...my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer just this past November and I am happy to say that she is now CANCER FREE because of early detection. This year on Mother's Day, May 8th, we are participating in the 5K run and there is also a 5K walk and if you are interested please let me know!

i gave up caffiene in july 2010 and have felt so great! i drink more water, sometimes with crystal light...and just sleep better and have better moods!
ReplyDeleteI also do the shred...i need to get back into it more though.
sweets: you're on your own for that one :) hehe