But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Captivating...

You might be wondering why I am doing yet another book review...well, did you know they have sites where you can choose a book, receive it in the mail FOR FREE as long as you post a review on your blog and post it on a consumer website, like amazon.com.  You can go to either www.booksneeze.com or Blogging for Books, two wonderful sites...and there is my plug for them!
Now to the book "Captivating" it is yet another book by John and Stasi Eldredge and it is about "unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul, and that is truly what it does.  I am not big on reading books, but this one captured me, truly a great find and I recommend it to everyone!  It is about remembering what it was like to be a little girl, what we held in our heart, what our dreams were.  I know that I had many dreams as a little girl, dreamed about what I wanted to be when I grew up, wanting to be married, have kids, and many more.  As I got older I longed for romance, for a guy to sweep me off of my feet, but yet to get to that my heart, my desires got trampled and pushed aside and it left me wondering, do I deserve the desires that I once had as a little girl?  The answer is Yes, and this book tells you so!  What I love is the message that Captivating is teaching throughout this book, "Your heart matters more than anything else in all creation.  The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you feel as a woman are telling you of the life God created you to live.  He offers to come now as the Hero of your story, to rescue your heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman.  A woman who is truly captivating."  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Traci! I'm signing up...how long does it take to get your first book?

    ReplyDelete