But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Race For the Cure!

Tomorrow is not only Mother's Day, but it is time for another 5K and this one is very different for me, as it is the Race For the Cure. So, tomorrow morning I will get up very early to head to my friend Misty's house so that the two of us and her daughter Sydney can all venture to the Race.
Not only am I running a 5K for me, but I am running it to celebrate lives that have been healed from cancer, for those that are going through cancer right now, and to remember those that have passed away. I know of many both relatives and friends that have been through cancer and tomorrow I run for all of them, especially for my grandma who passed away from cancer when I was just in middle school and for my other grandma who just found out that she once again has cancer and is going through some tests right now to find out all that is going on.
Tomorrow will be a fun day to celebrate being a mom and to celebrate with my mom, but it will also be a day to Race for the Cure!

1 comment: