But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” - Joshua 24:15

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I love my valetine!

My husband is such a sweetie and what a blessing he is to me!
Thursday I was having such a terrible day, just everything that went on from the beginning, kept getting worse. That night I was supposed to have a MOPS meeting and so my husband was going to pick up the kids from the Y so that I could go to my meeting...well my meeting ended up being cancelled and so my husband called my friend Misty and left her a message saying that I had, had a bad day and needed some cheering up.
Thank you Misty, coffee with you was great...I definitely think that we need to do more girl outings, it definitely brightened up the end of my day.
After my time with Misty and her daughter Sydney...I ventured home finding my adroable husband working on Valentine's for his students. Well he wasn't working on Valentines for his students, yet...he was working on something for me. He proceeded to tell me (when he was finished) by telling me that he was done with my gift and that I could open it tonight being that I had a rough day. This is what my sweetie did...
He took our biggest vase and filled it with little tiny scrolls of paper that were tied with ribbon and each one says something that he loves about me. He made enough for me to open one per day for a little over two months. Girls, this brought the BIGGEST smile to my face! It definitely gives me something to look forward to each day!
Another reason why I love my Valentine is that he took me out on a wonderful date last night. He had this planned earlier in the week and had talked to his mom to babysit our kids so that we could go out, just the two of us, for Valentine's Day. We enjoyed a wonderful meal at The Good Earth in Edina...you MUST try it...SUPER YUMMY! After that we went to the mall to shop, which was super nice without our children...and then finally to end our night we enjoyed coffee and Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory...we shared the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamnia Nut Cheesecake and it was to die for...so yummy!

*I know, I know, I told you all that I was not going to eat any sweets, and trust me...I did not eat even half of the cheese cake I just took a couple bites, and now I am back to not eating sweets and I still am not drinking pop*

My valentine is such a great guy and I am truly blessed to have married my best friend! He is such a great dad and is truly the whole package both inside and out. I love the man that he is and all that he does for our family. I also have really enjoyed our new habit every night, after the kids are in bed we sit together and talk about our day and what we need prayer for and then we proceed to pray for one another. It truly has been such a blessing and is something that we definitely needed to start doing.
I love you Zac! You really are the best! Thank you for a wonderful Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Traci - Thank you for sharing this. We are so blessed to have you two as our friends. I agree about girls nights. Even if it is something as simple as having coffee for an hour or two... It's just fun to hang out!

    ReplyDelete